Thursday, March 31, 2011

My entry for the PCAGOE April Challenge - Wall Art

I set aside some time this month for creating another challenge entry, the idea of which happened upon me by accident. 
Here's how I came up with the idea (with a photo of the trial which led me to my final piece)....  I had a few strips of extruded clay from another project on which I was working (I will post about that project sometime in April).  I was going to just press the left-over strips back into a slab, but before doing so, I played around with them and created this small 2 1/2 inch tree which I liked so much, I baked it.  I think it likely that I will eventually add some leaves and turn it into a pin or maybe even a pendant.   This photo was taken while the tree sat on my ceramic baking plate, so it's not the greatest photo, but it's just to give you an idea of my thought process in creating my final piece... here's the item which sparked the idea for my challenge entry:


This little tree got me thinking, "Wouldn't it be fun to make a larger tree and add places for displaying photos - sort of a Family Tree - for a wall hanging".... and so my PCAGOE Wall Art (for the April Challenge) idea was born.  This piece measures 10 inches tall and 9 inches wide.  I incorporated a heart shape into the "bark" design of the trunk.  And here is the photo of my entry for the Challenge:


For a peek at all of the April Challenge entries go to:  http://www.flickr.com/groups/1089891@N25/
I will be posting again about the challenge, in a few days, when it's time to vote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to add a comment! I have added the word verification and registered user requirement to prevent bots from targeting my blog. Thank you for your understanding and patience while processing these simple steps to add your comment on the blog.