Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Special Thank You

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to vote for the May 2013 PCAGOE challenge!  I was honored to have my Peacock Mosaic Serving Tray (seen here) chosen by both the public and by the guild as the 1st place entry.  As is the case every month, all of the pieces deserved an award, as all were well thought out and executed ideas.

 A special Thanks too, to friend and guild mate Marie Young of Young Creative, who mentioned me on her website... Thanks Marie!  Marie also placed in the challenge, with her innovative Peacock Crazy Quilt Mosaic Light Switch Plate tying for the 3rd place public vote.  Please go check out Marie's website post; and while you're there, stay a while and read through some of her other posts.  She does with her website what I wish I would do with this blog...  she posts regularly (much more often than my typical once-a-month posts), she features artists who inspire her, and she talks about her current projects and her creative process to achieve each piece, including things she's learned along the way from trial and error.  I'm signed up for her email list and I always enjoy getting the email when she creates a new post.

Thanks again to everyone!  I'm planning an unusual blog post for my next posting (hopefully within the next few days, and hopefully I can get it done before the next challenge blog post).  Check back to see what I have planned, especially if you own a Kitchenaid stand mixer... 

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet! I appreciate you sharing the link to my site.

    I can't wait to see your next post. I have a Kitchenaid stand mixer, but I must admit, it isn't getting much use anymore. I do love it for mixing cake icing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! :) I hope to have the next post up some time before next week!

      Delete

Thank you for choosing to add a comment! I have added the word verification and registered user requirement to prevent bots from targeting my blog. Thank you for your understanding and patience while processing these simple steps to add your comment on the blog.