Monday, January 5, 2015

Swapping ornaments

This past December, I participated in my guild's Ornament swap for the first time. I made 3 ornaments which I sent to 3 of my guild mates and, in exchange, 3 other guild mates sent me ornaments. It was great fun and I plan to participate in these much more often! Because I was working on documenting the process of my polymer quilling filigree technique (in hopes to have it published), I decided to create these ornaments in that technique.

(front side)

(back side)

These ornaments were built upon a brass ring (with the chain and clip that you see attached), which I believe was meant to be a curtain ring. The red ornament is slightly different because it was created first, and all the "kinks" were figured out with this one... I think it has a more whimsical look, as the filigree isn't as fluid as the other two, because it was formed in a slightly different manner, but I still love it! The front side of each ornament has the name of the recipient scripted in the center. And the back sides have my little "Create My World Designs" logo stamped in the center with added appliquéd and embossed dots.

The ornaments I received are these wonderful beauties:

The glass heart with appliquéd flowers on the left is from Linda Riopel of NKDesigns, the center Joy ornaments are from Becky Sue Mizell of Becky Sue Creations, and the whimsical tree bell on the right is from Arlene Harrison of Ashpaints (Harrison Hollow Designs).

This was such a fun experience! I look forward to more swaps in the future! Have you participated in swaps? Do you know of any swaps that I should know about? Tell me about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for choosing to add a comment! I have added the word verification and registered user requirement to prevent bots from targeting my blog. Thank you for your understanding and patience while processing these simple steps to add your comment on the blog.